Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's Been a While

I been lax about posting to this blog, though I've been keeping track of my running/walking on dailymile.com, my new favorite website.

Last week was really good. I finished week 1 of training (60s jog/90s walk), and it went really well. This week was week 2 of training (90s jog/2m walk), which was a bit more bumpy. I kicked it off on Monday and actually felt really well throughout. Then Tuesday, I played soccer in this pick-up adult league with my dad, which was a ton of fun, but quite draining. So Wednesday morning, I overslept and missed my run, which was probably good anyway, seeing as my muscle needed some rest. Then Thursday was my little sister's high school graduation (besides being the hottest day of the year), and Friday I had a massive work project I needed to work on in the morning.

Long and short of it: I'm behind on my training. Again. But that's okay. I've built in plenty of room in my training schedule that a few bumps in the road should be okay. I'm considering last Tuesday Day 2 of Week 2, and doing Day 3 tomorrow. Then next week I'm gonna do Week 3's workout Tues/Thur/Sat.

I will successfully run this 5K!

No comments:

Post a Comment